You have probably already heard about AMRAP workout frequently, especially if you are an athlete and even more so if it has encouraged you to try CrossFit. This word comes from the acronym “As Many Rounds / As Many Reps As Possible“, the more repetitions possible. Many people set the time to 20 minutes almost non-stop. But that depends a lot on the physical form of each one and the objectives that are pursued. The common thing is to increase the time with the days.
WHAT IS AMRAP WORKOUT?
AMRAP is a training mode that falls within HIIT exercises with high-intensity intervals. The important thing is to choose, before starting, some specific exercises (look for those that focus on the part of the body that you want to train the most that day) that you will repeat throughout the sporting activity of that day.
We recommend it for people who have good stamina and who want to do their training in a short time. Its major benefits are:
1. GREAT FAT LOSS
Like any high-intensity exercise, AMRAP workout is recommended to target body fat. Reason? Because it takes the body to a great effort and, to assume it, your muscles will have to resort to the energy that fat gives.
2. INCREASE CARDIOVASCULAR AND MUSCULAR ENDURANCE
And it does it at the same time. In most exercises, these are exercised separately. The AMRAP style allows you to combine exercises that help improve the resistance of both.
3. LITTLE TIME FOR EXCELLENT RESULTS
The stress of life for many people means that there is not always the time to train. If you are one of those athletes who cannot allocate an hour a day to their training, this modality will be very useful.
You quickly notice the progress
Remember that these AMRAP workout are hard and require a lot of effort. And that will make you notice the progress, as long as you train daily or almost. To find out for yourself if you can handle more, gradually add one more round than in previous days. If you succeed, you are improving your skills. Feeling how you are improving helps you increase your motivation and self-esteem.
4. MENTAL STAMINA
These exercises are done with pressure. They are strong and you will put your body to the limit. And, if you are succeeding, thanks to the fact that your mind is going to tell you not to give up, your emotional strength will benefit.
HOW TO DO AN AMRAP WORKOUT ROUTINE AT HOME?
Now that you know the benefits of this high-intensity activity, we give you an example of what an exercise routine of this modality can be like. The one we give you be for about 10 minutes. If you have more time, you can repeat it two or three times, or even more.
- Squats (10 reps)
- Jumps with a rope (20 reps)
- Burpees, going from squatting to a plank and from there a standing jump (5 repetitions)
- Push-ups (10 reps)
- We can do this as many times as you want your training to last.
TIPS FOR YOUR AMRAP WORKOUT TO BE EFFECTIVE.
- I recommend it that, in each exercise, you look at a clock to see how long it is taking and thus be able to see over time if it produces the progress you are looking for.
- This training should be a minimum of 10 minutes and I recommend it that the maximum bee 40, although you should be the one who listens to your body and takes into account its strength and resistance.
- Experts warn that it is counterproductive that in the first round the athlete can do it very fast and full of energy and that in the second go slowly or even stopping between exercise and exercise. You have to see your capacity yourself and train accordingly. It is essential to maintain continuity in the rhythm that is taking place.
- There are no breaks between exercises, so I recommend it that it be about 20 minutes on average. If you want to stop breathing, it should be about 10 seconds between rounds.
- Sports accessories can be used or take advantage of your body weight.
- To see progress, each day you should increase the number of repetitions of each exercise and, over time, the number of times you repeat the entire circuit.
Also Read:- Top 8 low calorie food list for weight lose