How to Lose weight by walking, is it possible? And, in fact, for many people, it is the best solution because due to their current physical condition, they must do low-impact exercise.
Considering losing weight by walking is a good idea when you have been sedentary.
Walking to lose weight is not incompatible with practicing other physical exercises. You can combine it with another type of weight loss training.
But if due to age, health or physical condition you cannot face others, calm down.
With these tips and tricks, losing weight by walking will be at your fingertips.
Lose weight by walking, with or without a supportive diet?
- Food is key to reaching a healthy body weight and maintaining it over time.
- This does not necessarily have to be done with a specific diet. You can lose weight by walking by burning calories and fat.
- But a change in eating habits is necessary. And you must be aware that to lose weight you must always burn more calories than you consume.
- You can lose weight by walking effectively. But if you normally eat more calories than you burn at the end of the day, you will not achieve your goals. It’s that simple.
- So the idea is that you combine walking with a healthy, balanced and adequate diet for your daily energy expenditure.
How to lose weight by walking?
2 key points to reach your weight goals step by step:
1. The time spent walking is key to losing weight by walking.
- WHO advises walking at least 2.5 hours a week. This equates to 150 minutes that you can distribute as you see fit. But is it how long you need to walk to lose weight?
It is important that you first take into account your physical form. If it is zero, starting to walk 30 minutes a day will seem like a world. It will cost you a lot and it can end up demotivating you. And, in principle, go the distance or walk the time that your body allows you. Making an effort not to quit when you start to feel tired, yes. But without forcing yourself to faint.
- Little by little you will pick up the rhythm and your body will improve its capacities and resistance. So you can increase the time spent walking.
- In principle, the minimum WHO recommendation for health is about 30 minutes every day 5 days a week. Or 22 minutes every day of the week. But to lose weight walking it is advisable to increase that time in each walk.
- The reason? During this time of physical exercise, your body is supplied with the sugars present in the blood as fuel. And only from then on does it begin to take in body fat for fuel. That is, if you want to lose weight by walking effectively you need to burn the fat that your body accumulates. And you will achieve that on walks of over 30 minutes.
2. Establish a realistic and achievable walking routine.
- The routine helps you to fulfil each day, walking for the time and distance that you consider before leaving home. Many people wonder what is the best time to walk and lose weight.
- The simple answer is when it’s good for you to do it and you don’t find excuses or problems to go for a walk.
Do you have all the time at your disposal? Congratulations. In that case, it will be very easy to establish the best time for your routine to lose weight by walking. Some studies establish that going for a walk first thing in the morning is more effective. It is advisable to do it on an empty stomach or simply after taking some protein, without eating carbohydrates. Thus the organism begins earlier to capture body fat as fuel.
- The important thing if you want to lose weight by walking is to do it when it suits you best according to your daily routine. This way you will avoid abandoning or finding excuses to postpone the walk.
Can lose weight by walking is possible?
These tips are very relevant to lose weight by walking effectively, safely and healthy:
- Walk at a good place.
When your heart reaches 60% or 70% of its heart rate, you will have reached the ideal rate for your body to draw on its fat stores for fuel.
- Heats up.
Before and after setting that ideal walking pace, it is recommended that you walk at a slower pace. This will prevent injuries.
- Introduce changes in rhythm.
Either daily for a period of your walk, or during the full walk of one or two days a week, you can train at intervals. That is, pick up the pace for a couple of minutes to walk at a high and intense pace and then walk gently for the same time.
- Wear suitable clothing and footwear.
It is key to avoiding injury. And it also allows you to complete a session in better physical condition.
Adopt a proper posture when walking.
- It is essential to take care of your body and avoid injuries. Also to achieve greater effectiveness when you want to lose weight by walking. Your stride must be natural.
- Do not lengthen it forcibly; you will walk further but you will not lose more weight. And, also, it can contribute to injury.
- Keep your chest straight. And the shoulders relaxed. Touch the ground with your heel first. And let your toes give you momentum for the next stride.
- Head and arm position is also important. Look straight ahead naturally. Bend your arms at a right angle and give you momentum as you walk. Rock them but do not separate them from the body or force them to the body.
- If it is more comfortable or safe, you can consider walking with a Nordic cane. It is an option that more and more people choose.
- Determine the right path to lose weight by walking and safely.
As much as possible avoid hiking in the mountains, at least at first. Stones and obstacles can pose a risk. It is also advisable that you avoid walking through areas with high traffic and continuous road crossings. You would have to be stopping too many times to get through them.
- If you start to go out to lose weight by walking and have led a sedentary life, the ideal is that you choose flat routes.
- Over time introducing ups and downs that involve a change of pace will be positive.
- And you can even combine walking with going up and down stairs to burn more calories with each session.
- Walk while holding a deep abdominal breath.
It will help you keep up. And for your body to receive the oxygen it requires for this activity.
Keep all these issues in mind if you want to lose weight by walking. They will help you reach your fitness goals effectively. As you can see, losing weight on foot is possible and within your reach. Go ahead and start taking charge of your life today to achieve those goals you want to achieve.