Lung cancer is one of the diseases that most deaths cause in both men and women. Most causes of this type of cancer could be preventable. Therefore, today’s article will be dedicated to explaining the cause, symptoms of lung cancer and how we can prevent it.
At Vital are safe, we have exceptional medical insurance that can help you prevent and treat this terrible disease.
What is lung cancer
It is a type of cancer that originates in the lung tissues, more specifically in the cells that line the air ducts.
Lung cancer can be caused by the development of other diseases or by exposure to toxic substances. Many times, it is the set of risk factors that triggers the carcinogenic process.
This disease is easy to diagnose when the first symptoms appear. However, the problem is that once it shows its face, it is usually quite widespread.
Types of lung cancer
There are different types of lung cancer. The most common are the following:
- Small cell carcinoma- It is a very aggressive type of tumour that metastasizes very quickly. That is, it migrates from the lungs to other areas of the body in a short time. It constitutes about 15% of lung cancers.
- Large cell carinoma- It is somewhat less common than the previous one since it accounts for 5% of all lung tumors.
- Squad carinoma- It is the most common lung cancer of all (20% of all lung cancer) and most common in smokers.
- Adenocarcinoma- This type of cancer is the most common, with almost 35% of the total. The big difference from squamous cell carcinoma is that it affects smokers as well as nonsmokers.
- Other types of cancer. In addition to different less common types of tumours, the lung is an organ to which other types of cancer, such as breast cancer, quickly spread.
Causes of lung cancer
The causes of lung cancer are diverse. Thus, the most critical risk factor is smoking, followed by exposure to environmental toxins. Air pollution is another of the significant risk factors for contracting this disease.
Some chemicals, when inhaled over a long time, can also start lung cancer.
As with other types of cancer, risk factors make a person more likely to get it. However, some people smoke throughout their lives and never develop a tumour. In contrast, others who have never done so suffer from it. The combination of factors and the genetic predisposition also has a lot to say when it comes to contracting this pathology.
Symptoms of lung cancer
As we mentioned, the symptoms of lung cancer can go unnoticed during the initial stages of the disease. When it comes out, it is because it has already developed significantly. Therefore, prevention is as important as being aware of possible symptoms:
-Cough that does not go away or worsens.
-Beep in the lungs.
–Sputum with blood.
Also Read:- Pandemic Affect Liver Transplant Due To High Consumption Of Alcohol
Lung cancer treatment
Starting treatment as soon as possible is essential to improve the prognosis of the disease. At Vital Safe, we have an oncology service. With your policy, you will be able to access diagnostic tests and specialized treatments without having to wait for the long lists of Social Security.
Today, more than ever, it is essential to have an alternative to public health. That is why we offer you medical insurance adapted to your needs. We hope you never have to use it, but better safe.