Have you started sports routine?! Congratulations!! You have already taken the first step to a healthier life and to get the body you want. If you have opted to go to a gym, you should know that it is essential to always go with the necessary equipment so that the training is as comfortable as possible. Here are some gym bag essentials for beginners.
Sometimes a person does not appreciate that the equipment that will accompany them to their exercise routines is also important, But it is. Have you ever met someone who has put as a reason to stop going to the gym the fact that, after finishing, she wastes time preparing to continue with her day-to-day activities? Or people who once in the gym cannot enjoy their routines because they are thirsty or uncomfortable with their equipment.? In the following lines, we are going to summarize what is everything that you should carry in the gym bag from the first day.
7 ESSENTIAL ACCESSORIES that beginners should take to the gym bag
First, take a backpack that is comfortable to carry. It can be with a handle to carry in the hand or to hang from one shoulder or it can be to carry on your back. And that it is large enough so that you can put everything you need in your sports practice and to continue your daily life when you finish your activities in the gym. Here are some ideas:
- You always have to hydrate. They also accept isotonic drinks. But never sugary soft drinks or juices. It is best to buy a container that keeps liquids cool regardless of the weather outside. On the one hand, you will support the environment by avoiding buying plastic bottles every time you go to the gym. And, on the other, you will have a container that keeps the drink at the temperature you need.
- As a general rule, we recommend it to drink half a liter two hours before going to the gym, between 100 and 150 milliliters every 15 or 20 minutes during exercise, and another half a liter at the end. Another widespread theory is that every 1000 kcal you consume you should drink 1 liter of water. All this is because by being well hydrated you will reduce the feeling of effort and fatigue. And the water you drink afterwards will help you with muscle recovery.
2. APPROPRIATE CLOTHING
To be in the gym and do the sport you have chosen, you must have comfortable clothes. If you are not comfortable in your clothes, you will have an excuse to abandon the exercise you are carrying out earlier. And, also, if after the gym you have to continue doing your routines (work, picking up your children from school, shopping for the day, seeing your friends chat), wear clothes to change after the gym. And make sure it is clothing made of materials that wrinkle little so that you leave full of energy and also impeccable.
3. A SMALL TOWEL
Especially when you use machinery or mats, you should always have a towel to clean your way through the place. Inevitably, when doing sports, we get drops of sweat that can splash the material we are using. Therefore, most gyms always recommend carrying a towel in the gym bag to clean the trail that your effort can leave. For hygiene, there are even liquid detergents that have antibacterial properties and that you can also use to clean the machines you are going to use or to pass through your clothes.
4. NECESSARY ADD-ON
What is the activity that you are going to practice in the gym? You may need a plugin. Either for hygiene (if you are going to do boxing, you probably prefer to have your gloves and not ones used by many people), because the gym does not have that equipment, or because you want to include an extra that supports your routines (for example, some weights with Velcro around the ankle for some of your cardio classes and thus reinforce the practice).
There are countless accessories to support your exercise routine.
5. MUSIC AND HEADPHONES
- There are detractors that athletes listen to music during their training practice because they say that it distracts them from their work. But for many, music is an ideal complement to have more motivation when they are uploaded on a machine.
- Therefore, make a “playlist” with your favorite songs, better if they are the ones that motivate you (and not the ones you would listen to on a downturn at home) and use headphones. Not doing it can be very annoying to other people who are in the gym. Thus, sports practice can be more enjoyable.
6. “SNACKS” FOR AFTER TAINING
Sport must always be accompanied by good nutrition. Therefore, the optimal thing, before leaving your sports practice hungry and buying anything on the way, the best thing you do is, when you prepare your gym bag, put a healthy meal in your backpack.
7. SHOWER KIT
- Unless your home is very close to the gym and after your sports routine you are going straight home, we recommend it that you bring shampoo, flip-flops to avoid fungus in the common shower and a towel to dry off.
- When you sweat in the gym you are eliminating toxins, and if you do not clean them from your skin, you run the risk of irritation or pimples on your body and face. An after-care moisturizer will leave you ready to go out to do the rest of the day’s activities or just to go home to relax.
Also Read:- What causes stiff muscles and how to combat it ?