In today’s topic we are going to discuss about How to get more stamina and endurance for running.
First of all, you have to know why a body needs to improve its resistance and you must know that it is very necessary to keep the heart and lungs healthy.
Athletes know well that exercise not only improves physical fitness but also accompanies a strengthening of the organs. High endurance ensures tireless activity throughout day.
So you can spend more time on physical movement, without making it strenuous. Getting to improve endurance, yes, requires perseverance, as to achieve any challenge you set yourself in life.
What is resistance training for?
Training experts say that those whose sport is based on improving endurance if, for some reason, they have to stop training for a season, their physical form will remain well for several weeks.
People who focus their exercise on gaining strength, lose their physical shape earlier, in the event of a break. And it is that having resistance is very healthy.
Well-trained people can do more physical activity in a day without getting tired. Also, with resistance, it is much easier to maintain the necessary level of intensity during sports or physical activity.
As for the body and organs, experts have found that resistance has great health benefits:
- Stronger heart. When a person is physically fit, they get more blood to pump with each heartbeat.
- Greater lung capacity. Activity done to improve endurance strengthens the diaphragm and this, in turn, enlarges the volume of the lung, leading to the ability to receive more oxygen with each breath.
- Reduces cholesterol levels. Many studies have shown that good physical resistance and, therefore, an improvement in the capacity of the lungs means that bad cholesterol is not a problem.
What types of resistance training are there?
- In the fitness world, there are categories. On the one hand, there is aerobic resistance, which means that a person can make light or moderate effort for a long time (intended for people who love cycling, running or swimming, for example).
- On the other hand, anaerobic resistance defines the ability of a person to make a very intense effort in a short period. Very important for weight lifting sports.
Exercises to improve aerobic endurance.
Cardio routines are essential for those who want to get more stamina. Some of the most useful are:
- Jump rope.
- Run (you can do it on the street or at home with a suitable machine).
- Ride a bike.
Repeat the same movement for a long time. For example, a plank, a squat, and abdominal (in general, lifting your weight).
You must repeat, slowly if necessary, for several minutes to train resistance.
If you have a pool, the sea, a lake, nearby, swimming will help you greatly to improve your resistance.
- Practice yoga.
The breaths and the need to maintain a constant activity make this practice very good for improving physical endurance. You need a comfortable mat and, if you want, also some accessory.
How to get more stamina and endurance?
In addition to carrying out sports and activities such as those already mentioned in the previous section, to improve physical resistance you have to take into account different aspects when you go to design your exercise and training sessions.
In other aspects:
- Start training with a level appropriate to your physical condition. That is, don’t start by overstressing your muscles and breathing. Listen to your body and you will see how much it can resist without overexertion that can be counterproductive.
- Increase the effort as you feel like you can. As you feel your body gain in resistance, first increase the volume of exercise (the time you spend on this task or the kilometers you do). After this, as you continue to improve, increase the intensity, that is, the speed of the activity.
- Eat a diet rich in carbohydrates. To complement an exercise routine to improve endurance, you need the consumption of carbohydrates. These give energy.
- Remember that while you are starting, coaches recommend that the intensity of the activity be slow or moderate. But as the weeks go by, you should have the ability to combine moderate and even high-intensity workouts.
When you have been training for a long time, you can exercise to improve endurance continuously and with a high intensity since your body, heart and lung will endure much more effort.
Remember how important sport is, not only for your physical appearance but also for your health and well-being.
And one of the bases of the exercise resides in the improvement of the resistance. Find the sport that you like the most and start developing your skill.
Also Read:- How to do body weakness treatment